Wednesday, December 16, 2015

American Doughnut Kitchen, CBD

Wandering around the Queen Victoria Night Market on a Wednesday night, having indulged in Korean twist potatoes, gözleme and the like, we looked for something sweet. So of course, some invisible force led us to the Melbourne institution that is American Doughnut Kitchen.

There is only one item on the menu: their famous Hot Jam Doughnuts (5pc, $5.50). Once you order, the staff swiftly pop them in a paper bag and twirl it by the corners to seal it shut, making for an exciting display of theatrics.

As soon as you take a bite, you will understand why the business has survived for over 60 years. The doughnuts are nice and doughy, without being oily or too sweet. But be warned, the jam is super hot. They also reheat well (15 seconds in the microwave and they’re as good as new) so don’t be afraid to buy more for later ;)

Hot Jam Doughnuts

If you haven’t been to American Doughnut Kitchen yet, you don’t know what you’ve been missing out on.

Food: 10
Service: 9
Atmosphere: 9
Value: 9

Verdict: The best jam doughnuts you will ever have. Ever.

Would I come back? I’m probably on my way there as you’re reading this.

American Doughnut Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

5 comments:

  1. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. pure CBD oil for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing entitys. Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaver says I also have such interest, you can read my profile here: Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  4. For true fans of this thread I will address is a free online! Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can recommend primarily decent and even responsible tips, as a result view it: Hemp

    ReplyDelete